Chocolate Talent Scout
Dandelion Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in San Francisco’s Mission District. We make chocolate from only two ingredients, cocoa beans and cane sugar, and travel to origins as often as we can to build good, trusting relationships with farmers. Our mission wouldn’t be possible without a people-first culture that thrives on hard work, trust, and integrity.
About the Job
If you believe that recruiting is an integral, strategic part of an organization, this is the role for you. The Dandelion Chocolate recruiting process is our #1 secret to our day-to-day success. Our process extends far beyond cold calls and candidate funnels to understanding individual motivations, buttoned-up onboarding practices, 90-day plans, and ensuring all candidates are great fits so we can focus on providing exceptional chocolate products & experiences. This full-time position is $16.50/hour with benefits.
We’re looking for someone who loves recruiting as much as we do and who wants to champion recruiting as a core pillar of our organization. While life is unpredictable, we’re looking for someone who wants to pursue recruiting as a long-term career. Previous experience isn’t required. We can train you and you will be the best in the field. All you need is a passion for talking with people, empathy for under-staffed managers, and an ability to build finely-tuned systems and processes that will support a growing, ever-changing organization for years to come. If you have an unstoppable work ethic, excellent communication skills, are Type-A organized, couldn’t imagine doing anything less than 110%, are nearly unflappably positive, and can take feedback like a champ, we’re willing to put in the hours and manpower to train you. You’ll be measured by annual turnover, the quality of your candidates, and by your relationship with managers.
- Oversee entire interview process -- Candidates believe actions over words. Our dedication to excellence is evident when candidates receive confirmed interview times, see beautiful interview folders, sit down to a clean table with water carafes, and receive a response within 10 days. Even if this isn’t the right fit, your warm demeanor & buttoned-up process makes candidates excited to apply again.
- Conduct phone screens & reference calls — Schedule and conduct initial phone screens, maintain detailed notes for the manager to review later to make sound hiring decisions. Schedule reference checks with candidate contacts so that we can hire our candidates with full confidence.
- Maintain excellent manager relationships — Work hand-in-hand with busy managers to understand what traits they prioritize in candidates and to make sure you’re able to accurately describe the role during phone interviews. You know that your success depends upon managers trusting you to build their team.
- Assist with onboarding and training — Help hiring managers outline 90-day plans while they develop their job descriptions. Prepare offer letters, onboarding materials, and schedule training sessions for hired team members to ensure an amazing first day experience. Build systems & processes -- Lead semi-annual hiring training across the organization, develop metrics to track the success of different recruiting methods, build templates for job descriptions.
- Track candidate metrics — Track applicants, response rate, and number of interviews so we can monitor our progress and make informed decisions about where to potentially post the role and when to begin training.
- Build dependable systems & processes — Our process is great though there is always room for improvement. Through training, asking for feedback, researching new tools, and tracking our metrics, we’re always looking for ways to raise the bar (pun intended!).
- Other tasks — No day is ever the same and each candidate is different. We look for talent scouts who enjoy learning and can roll with the punches!
- Written skills — You always proofread your candidate emails. When you aren't sure whether you pore, poor, or pour over a resume, you look it up.
- Fast fingers — We type as we conduct phone screens so we can preserve as much detail for the hiring manager as possible. If you’re a touch typer, this is the role for you!
- Fluent computer skills — You can be depended upon to keep candidate notes organized in Google Docs. You use calendar reminders and email filters to stay on top of candidate responses. You can use basic formulas in Google Spreadsheets. You can unjam simple printer snafus to prevent delays.
- Organizational skills — You're a can-do, buttoned-up person who likes punctuality, responds to emails within 24 hours, and has no problem keeping track of a never-ending flow of resumes, cover letters, and interviewer notes.
- Team skills — You’re known for your positive, lighthearted demeanor. People can't wait to work with you again.
- Other skills — You can be depended upon to pick up new skills as necessary for the role.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Fluent spoken and written English
Dandelion Chocolate constantly invests in its people and culture. We offer excellent perks including subsidized medical, vision, and dental benefits as well as the option to enroll in our 401k program. Hourly employees receive paid vacation time and sick time. In addition, our team members enjoy commuter benefits, local gym discounts, and lots of chocolate tasting opportunities.
How to Apply
Dandelion Chocolate is growing and we are invested in employees who take ownership over their role in order to contribute in a bigger way with us. You will stand out from the crowd if your resume is accompanied by a cover letter summarizing your background and interest in team building & this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!